5 Ways To Take Care Of Yourself After Botox
Botox: FDA approved “magic” that makes tired, wrinkly, old skin a thing of the past. As thrilling and innovative as Botox is, it’s easy to get caught up in the excitement and jump right back into the real world and presume your life as you normally would. However, one thing many people seem to not realize is that Botox does in fact require you to take a little extra care of yourself shortly after the procedure.
1. Limit Your Exercise: As adamant as you may be about getting back to your strict workout routine, we suggest taking a few off days so that the Botox can fully settle into your body, giving you the absolute best results.
2. Avoid Touching The Treated Area: The skin and area surrounding the injections will more likely than not be sensitive and leave a slight feeling of discomfort. It’s highly important that you refrain from touching the area, as keeping the area clean of bacteria allows the injection sites to recover without any repercussions.
3. No Alcohol Consumption: When it comes to injections like Botox, we advise to avoid any alcohol for a few days before and after the procedure. This is to prevent any negative reactions or results, and to minimize bruising.
4. Sleep Facing Up: The recovery time varies anywhere from one to four hours, depending on how your body reacts. Many people resort to taking a short nap to get rid of any discomfort that they may be feeling. With sleep, comes the risk of accidentally laying on your face. It’s best to avoid sleeping altogether until the swelling goes down, but if you must, do it only on your back, with your face positioned up.
5. Steer Clear From Heat: After Botox, the area injected is typically a bit red, therefore the skin itself will be very sensitive, especially to sun or heat exposure. It’s important to avoid any excess sun exposure until the red surpasses.
Taking care of your body during the healing process is crucial. Luckily for you, we’re here to help every step of the way! For more information on Botox, give our office a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505!
Comments are closed.