Lake Pointe Dental Care
Dental Hygiene is important. Those who practice good oral habits reap the benefits, while the latter… not so much. Most of us have a great deal of control over whether or not we keep our teeth as we age. Those who don’t follow a proper routine, end up losing their teeth, thus requiring the need of tooth replacement (such as dentures, dental implants, etc.). If you want to achieve an optimal level of oral hygiene, all you have to do is follow these do’s and don’ts!
• Brush your teeth twice a day! Use a soft-bristled brush with a fluoride tooth paste and be sure to brush all surfaces of the teeth, even the hard to reach places.
• Floss your teeth every day! Floss removes food trapped between your teeth and the film of bacteria that forms before it turns into plaque.
• Visit your dentist every 6 months! Regular visits allow your dentist to discover early signs of cavities and gum disease.
• Eat a mouth healthy diet! Indulge yourself in foods such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meats and of course, water!
• Forget to replace your toothbrush! Tooth brushes should be replaced every 3 month—or after you recover from being sick. If you have an electric toothbrush, replace the head rather than purchasing a whole new one.
• Brush too soon after eating! Brushing immediately after eating acidic food can cause tiny particles of enamel to be brushed away. To be safe, wait at least 1 hour.
• Go overboard with bleaching! Over-bleaching your teeth can make them very sensitive to hot and cold foods, thus causing a variety of other problems.
• Ignore pain or abnormalities! Toothaches can be a sign of a more serious dental issue. See your dentist as soon as you discover changes in your dental health.
• Consume lots of soft drinks and sugary foods! These foods are highly acidic, which wears away your enamel overtime. Frequent consumption of sugary substances allow plaque to grow more rapidly—thus the likelihood of cavities will increase substantially.
When it comes to your dental hygiene—you have the option between keeping your teeth or not. By starting to practice these dental do’s and don’ts, you will be on the right track to a long-lasting smile. Give us a call today Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505!
Let’s set the record straight. Botox™ is perhaps one of the greatest (and most commercially accepted) cosmetic advancements of the 20th century. However, even after gaining worldwide fandom as the ultimate wrinkle reducer, several completely untrue myths surrounding Botox™ persist. Here is the truth behind five inaccurate myths regarding Botox™:
Myth #1: Botox can give me botulism.
Fact: It is a myth that cosmetic Botox™ consists of botulism (a serious illness with symptoms similar to food poisoning that can lead to paralysis). The reality is that Botox™ is made from a purified protein that is derived from the toxin. There has been extensive research and testing on Botox™ to ensure it is both safe and effective for users.
Myth #2: It’s painful and I’ll bruise.
Fact: Treatments shouldn’t be painful but that all has to do with the expertise of your injector. Done well, Botox™ is actually not very painful at all. Bruising can occur any time a needle is stuck in the skin, but it is very unlikely.
Myth #3: Botox™ only works for facial lines and wrinkles.
Fact: Botox™ was originally approved for medical conditions involving the eyes. Doctors discovered its potential cosmetic use while treating these patients. Since then, Botox™ has received approval for a range of medical conditions. This includes eyelid muscle spasms, chronic migraines, cervical dystonia, overactive bladder and excessive underarm sweating.
Myth #4: Botox™ builds up in the body over time.
Fact: Botox™ does not accumulate in the body. Furthermore, new nerve impulses are regenerated in three to four months when treatments are cosmetically administered. Re-treatment is required to maintain the desired results. If treatments are discontinued, the muscles will resume their previous activity level.
Myth #5: Botox™ will give a “frozen” or expressionless face.
Fact: Botox™ relaxes wrinkle-producing facial muscles at the point of injection. These injection points are around deep lines and wrinkles, such as crow’s feet, forehead furrows, and smile lines. Botox™ does not affect other muscles involved in overall facial expressions. You will still be able to display a wide range of expressions.
If you are interested in any of the above treatments or have questions about Botox™, give us a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 to schedule a consult. We look forward to making you look and feel beautiful with Botox™ treatments!
Missing a tooth? Meet your new best friend—dental implants. Before choosing to opt for a dental implant, it’s important that you understand the in’s and out’s of these replacement teeth and how they will benefit your smile. When replacing a tooth or a gap with a dental implant, you are not only giving your smile the perfect finishing touch, but also allowing yourself the normalcy of a full set of teeth. Below are three reasons as to why dental implants are the best tooth replacement option.
Lasts A Lifetime: Dental implants are made with a combination of titanium (yes, the same titanium used in airplanes and spacecrafts!) and jawbone that creates a sturdy foundation for the replacement tooth. This replacement tooth is able to withstand numerous years of regular wear and tear when paired with a proper oral hygiene routine that is consistent and thorough. This powerful replacement tooth (or teeth) is permanent—so you won’t have to worry about getting a new one anytime soon. To ensure that you keep your dental implants in tip top shape, take the initiative to clean your implants after enjoying any foods or drinks—just as you would with your natural teeth.
Can Prevent Gum Disease: By having a dental implant in place of a gap, you are able to prevent any debris or bacteria from being trapped within the crevices between your teeth and gums. In fact, a dental implant can give you the appropriate amount of space you need to maintain a daily brushing and flossing ritual, reducing the risk of irritation of your gums, like periodontitis.
Restores Chewing Power: One of the biggest advantages of dental implants is being able to fully chew and eat again! In fact, studies show that many patients fail to even find a difference between a natural tooth and a dental implant, as they look and feel just the same. With the ability to chew properly, you’re able to maintain a normal and healthy balanced diet (and life) by being able to eat a variety of your favorite foods.
When looking for a replacement tooth option, consider dental implants. Need more information or want to learn more? Give us a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 to explore the next steps to regain not only your smile back, but your confidence too.
Missing teeth? You may be trying to decide what replacement procedure is best for you; dental implants, dentures or maybe even another option. When it comes to choosing, we always recommend dental implants. Dental Implants are a permanent solution to a lost tooth (or teeth) and have many benefits over some of your other options. To help make your decision a little bit easier, we’ve created a list of the top three benefits of dental implants!
1. Dental Implants Act Like Natural Teeth!
One of the most well-known benefits of dental implants is that they look and act just like your natural teeth. When properly placed, dental implants are nearly impossible to detect. Unlike dentures, which are removable and can cause discomfort to the wearer, dental implants are surgically placed into the jaw and provide no discomfort.
When dental implants are implanted to your jawbone, they provide the utmost of stability. This means that you can continue to eat your favorite foods, speak normally, and enjoy your improved self-esteem!
2. Improves Your Oral Health
Losing a tooth can have a big effect on the overall health of your mouth. When a tooth is lost, your gums begin to recede, which then causes the teeth to begin to shift, ultimately weakening your jaw bone which causes major problems for the rest of your remaining teeth. Dental implants provide stability to the jaw and prevent the surrounding teeth from shifting.
Due to the permanent nature of dental implants, when properly taken care of, the implants can last a lifetime! Luckily, taking care of your implant is simple. Simply treat the implant as you would your other teeth, with the help of proper brushing and flossing.
Taking action to replace your missing tooth sooner rather than later will result in less headaches in the future. If you are considering dental implants as a dental procedure, give our office a call to schedule your consultation at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505!
BOTOX has a long history dating all the way back to the 1950’s, when it was first purified into a crystalline form for cosmetic purposes. In the years to come, doctors began researching the many uses and benefits of BOTOX—like reversing the effects of lazy eyes, facial spasms and the decrease of frown lines. In 2002, the FDA approved Botox for its use in the improvement of crow’s feet, glabellar lines, forehead wrinkles and so on.
Today, the FDA continues to approve the expansion of Botox to other parts of the body, treating both physical and mental impediments, and truly changing the lives of millions of people across the world. Thus, we’ve put together a list of different ways you can incorporate BOTOX into your life, that isn’t just for getting rid of wrinkles.
1. Migraine Headaches
Typically, BOTOX for migraines happen every three months and are injected into your neck, the back of your head, your upper back, your temples, your forehead and the bridge of your nose. Patients who received consecutive injection sessions reported less headaches, stress, nausea and hypersensitivity.
2. Excessive Underarm Sweating
Those who suffer from the embarrassment of excessive sweating can finally take control. When BOTOX is injected, the sweat glands essentially become paralyzed, making deodorant a thing of the past!
3. Overactive Bladder
BOTOX helps overactive bladders by relaxing the muscles that cause contractions which lead to those frequent trips to the bathroom. The benefits of this procedure can last up to a year!
4. Boost of Confidence
Let’s face it; our appearance and the perception that we have of ourselves matters to us. BOTOX is proven to give patients a newfound confidence and happiness. After all, when you look good, you feel good!
Interested in learning more about BOTOX or want to schedule an appointment? Give us a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 to get started on your journey!
Veneers; the shortcut to a beautiful, glistening, white, smile! Made of porcelain, veneers are thin covers that attach to your enamel, providing a flawless yet natural look to your teeth. Aside from the picture-perfect smile that veneers provide, there is a plethora of other reasons as to why they’re such an optimal choice. That being said, we’ve put together a list of the top 3 reasons to get veneers!
1. Replaces Damaged Enamel: The older you get, the more vulnerable your enamel becomes. Unfortunately, there isn’t a quick and easy fix to right the wrong of the consecutive years of aggressive tooth brushing, countless acidic beverages, and sugary foods that ate away at the enamel. Luckily, veneers are able to replace the damaged enamel and give your smile the full and cosmetically pleasing look that you’re looking for.
2. Easier to Maintain Whiteness: No matter how many times you whiten your teeth, it’s a little too easy to stain your enamel all over again (Hello Coffee!). Fortunately, veneers are stain-resistant; meaning that they are a lot more difficult to stain! Say goodbye to discoloration!
3. Can Replace Multiple Treatments: When it comes to veneers, it doesn’t matter what your natural teeth look like. This is because, once attached, your smile becomes flawless! Often times we have patients that come in with a gap or cracked teeth and ask for instant gratification, and in that case, we recommend veneers!
If veneers are something that interest you, or if you have any questions, give us a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 so we can start your journey to an everlasting smile TODAY!
Missing teeth? No problem. A dental implant is a way to replace an empty void that may be leaving you self-conscious about your smile. Whether the vacant spot is due to a sports injury, facial trauma, periodontal complication, or bad oral hygiene, it can fill the vacancy permanently and give you a boost of confidence. So, what exactly is a dental implant? Here are a few things you need to know:
• Dental implants act as a replacement for the roots of a tooth. Metaphorically speaking, they can be the anchor for crowns, bridges and dentures and are screwed into the jaw bone to provide support for replacement teeth. They are surgically inserted into the jawbone beneath the gum line.
• Dental implants resemble the shape of screws and once placed into the jawbone, will naturally bond with your natural bone to provide a strong base for artificial teeth.
• Dental implant surgery is one of the safest procedures done in dentistry.
• Dental implants will be the next best thing you’ll have to healthy and natural teeth.
• A dental implant is dependent on the oral health of the person undergoing treatment. There needs to be healthy tissue in the mouth and enough jaw bone to support these dental implants.
• After undergoing a dental implant procedure, keeping the structures healthy and clean should be done precisely and with attention to detail. This will help to maintain and ensure the long-term success of the treatment and the oral health of your mouth.
Don’t let a missing tooth or teeth stop you from living a full life without limits. Laugh and smile, indulge in foods without restriction, and most importantly, feel comfortable in your own skin. Call our office Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 to find out how a dental implant can be beneficial to you and the overall health of your teeth. What have you got to lose? Call us today!
Botox: FDA approved “magic” that makes tired, wrinkly, old skin a thing of the past. As thrilling and innovative as Botox is, it’s easy to get caught up in the excitement and jump right back into the real world and presume your life as you normally would. However, one thing many people seem to not realize is that Botox does in fact require you to take a little extra care of yourself shortly after the procedure.
1. Limit Your Exercise: As adamant as you may be about getting back to your strict workout routine, we suggest taking a few off days so that the Botox can fully settle into your body, giving you the absolute best results.
2. Avoid Touching The Treated Area: The skin and area surrounding the injections will more likely than not be sensitive and leave a slight feeling of discomfort. It’s highly important that you refrain from touching the area, as keeping the area clean of bacteria allows the injection sites to recover without any repercussions.
3. No Alcohol Consumption: When it comes to injections like Botox, we advise to avoid any alcohol for a few days before and after the procedure. This is to prevent any negative reactions or results, and to minimize bruising.
4. Sleep Facing Up: The recovery time varies anywhere from one to four hours, depending on how your body reacts. Many people resort to taking a short nap to get rid of any discomfort that they may be feeling. With sleep, comes the risk of accidentally laying on your face. It’s best to avoid sleeping altogether until the swelling goes down, but if you must, do it only on your back, with your face positioned up.
5. Steer Clear From Heat: After Botox, the area injected is typically a bit red, therefore the skin itself will be very sensitive, especially to sun or heat exposure. It’s important to avoid any excess sun exposure until the red surpasses.
Taking care of your body during the healing process is crucial. Luckily for you, we’re here to help every step of the way! For more information on Botox, give our office a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505!
Instilling a healthy and consistent oral hygiene routine does more than wonders on your smile, it keeps your mouth healthy and disease free. One of the best ways to avoid any damage to your teeth and mouth is to take small, preventative actions daily. As mundane and small as these gestures seem in the moment, they all lead to an overall healthier smile. Consistent oral hygiene will increase your chances of keeping all of your natural teeth with the least amount of decay, bacteria and plaque.
Good oral hygiene can have many different meanings, but we can all agree that the outcome is one in the same. Making sure you have the healthiest and cleanest mouth possible is just as important as looks. To ensure that your teeth remain healthy (and beautiful), it’s important to brush, floss and use mouthwash to remove any plaque and bacteria to prevent decay.
As easy as it can be to skip a few brushings, appointments, or fall out of the habit of flossing, it is doing more damage than you think. Make your daily oral hygiene habits being as important as that morning cup of coffee or washing your face. Take the time to clean and care for your teeth, they aren’t as easy to replace as you think.
Remember to keep the health of your mouth in mind throughout the day. There are many diseases and infections that can be avoided if you focus on keeping a consistent oral hygiene routine. This season, remember to maintain good oral hygiene habits that will result in a beautiful and healthy smile.
Contact us today Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 if you have any questions about how you can start creating your oral hygiene habits today!
Insecure about a missing tooth? Don’t be. With dental implants (link), you can get your smile back to looking perfect. For many, dental implants provide the feeling of having their natural teeth back again. This is because instead of being a removable type of device, such as a dental flipper, dental implants are permanently embedded into the jaw, which then allows a dental crown to take the place of the missing tooth. We understand that this procedure may seem intimidating, but we’re here to reassure you it’s not as bad as it sounds. Below are the top three common misconceptions when it comes to getting dental implants.
Myth #1: Dental Implants are painful
This is a common fear. Many people hold back from pursuing a dental implant, simply because they’re afraid the procedure might be too painful. However, this is not true. The procedure itself is pain-free. As always after surgery, there may be some temporary discomfort, but your doctor will work very closely with you to ensure your comfort and ease.
Myth #2: Dental Implants are expensive
Although dental implants aren’t cheap, they’re a much better investment than dental bridges, which need replacing every 7-15 years. Dental Implants cost may be high initially, but it’s a better financial decision in the long run.
Myth #3: Dental Implants cause headaches
It’s a fairly common myth that dental implants can cause migraines or headaches. However, we’re here to let you know that this is not true. There is absolutely no scientific evidence to support this. After the dental implant has successfully bonded with the jaw/gums, you should experience zero pain.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding dental implants, give our office a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 so we can discuss the next steps.