Lake Pointe Dental Care
BOTOX has a long history dating all the way back to the 1950’s, when it was first purified into a crystalline form for cosmetic purposes. In the years to come, doctors began researching the many uses and benefits of BOTOX—like reversing the effects of lazy eyes, facial spasms and the decrease of frown lines. In 2002, the FDA approved Botox for its use in the improvement of crow’s feet, glabellar lines, forehead wrinkles and so on.
Today, the FDA continues to approve the expansion of Botox to other parts of the body, treating both physical and mental impediments, and truly changing the lives of millions of people across the world. Thus, we’ve put together a list of different ways you can incorporate BOTOX into your life, that isn’t just for getting rid of wrinkles.
1. Migraine Headaches
Typically, BOTOX for migraines happen every three months and are injected into your neck, the back of your head, your upper back, your temples, your forehead and the bridge of your nose. Patients who received consecutive injection sessions reported less headaches, stress, nausea and hypersensitivity.
2. Excessive Underarm Sweating
Those who suffer from the embarrassment of excessive sweating can finally take control. When BOTOX is injected, the sweat glands essentially become paralyzed, making deodorant a thing of the past!
3. Overactive Bladder
BOTOX helps overactive bladders by relaxing the muscles that cause contractions which lead to those frequent trips to the bathroom. The benefits of this procedure can last up to a year!
4. Boost of Confidence
Let’s face it; our appearance and the perception that we have of ourselves matters to us. BOTOX is proven to give patients a newfound confidence and happiness. After all, when you look good, you feel good!
Interested in learning more about BOTOX or want to schedule an appointment? Give us a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 to get started on your journey!
Veneers; the shortcut to a beautiful, glistening, white, smile! Made of porcelain, veneers are thin covers that attach to your enamel, providing a flawless yet natural look to your teeth. Aside from the picture-perfect smile that veneers provide, there is a plethora of other reasons as to why they’re such an optimal choice. That being said, we’ve put together a list of the top 3 reasons to get veneers!
1. Replaces Damaged Enamel: The older you get, the more vulnerable your enamel becomes. Unfortunately, there isn’t a quick and easy fix to right the wrong of the consecutive years of aggressive tooth brushing, countless acidic beverages, and sugary foods that ate away at the enamel. Luckily, veneers are able to replace the damaged enamel and give your smile the full and cosmetically pleasing look that you’re looking for.
2. Easier to Maintain Whiteness: No matter how many times you whiten your teeth, it’s a little too easy to stain your enamel all over again (Hello Coffee!). Fortunately, veneers are stain-resistant; meaning that they are a lot more difficult to stain! Say goodbye to discoloration!
3. Can Replace Multiple Treatments: When it comes to veneers, it doesn’t matter what your natural teeth look like. This is because, once attached, your smile becomes flawless! Often times we have patients that come in with a gap or cracked teeth and ask for instant gratification, and in that case, we recommend veneers!
If veneers are something that interest you, or if you have any questions, give us a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 so we can start your journey to an everlasting smile TODAY!
Missing teeth? No problem. A dental implant is a way to replace an empty void that may be leaving you self-conscious about your smile. Whether the vacant spot is due to a sports injury, facial trauma, periodontal complication, or bad oral hygiene, it can fill the vacancy permanently and give you a boost of confidence. So, what exactly is a dental implant? Here are a few things you need to know:
• Dental implants act as a replacement for the roots of a tooth. Metaphorically speaking, they can be the anchor for crowns, bridges and dentures and are screwed into the jaw bone to provide support for replacement teeth. They are surgically inserted into the jawbone beneath the gum line.
• Dental implants resemble the shape of screws and once placed into the jawbone, will naturally bond with your natural bone to provide a strong base for artificial teeth.
• Dental implant surgery is one of the safest procedures done in dentistry.
• Dental implants will be the next best thing you’ll have to healthy and natural teeth.
• A dental implant is dependent on the oral health of the person undergoing treatment. There needs to be healthy tissue in the mouth and enough jaw bone to support these dental implants.
• After undergoing a dental implant procedure, keeping the structures healthy and clean should be done precisely and with attention to detail. This will help to maintain and ensure the long-term success of the treatment and the oral health of your mouth.
Don’t let a missing tooth or teeth stop you from living a full life without limits. Laugh and smile, indulge in foods without restriction, and most importantly, feel comfortable in your own skin. Call our office Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 to find out how a dental implant can be beneficial to you and the overall health of your teeth. What have you got to lose? Call us today!
Botox: FDA approved “magic” that makes tired, wrinkly, old skin a thing of the past. As thrilling and innovative as Botox is, it’s easy to get caught up in the excitement and jump right back into the real world and presume your life as you normally would. However, one thing many people seem to not realize is that Botox does in fact require you to take a little extra care of yourself shortly after the procedure.
1. Limit Your Exercise: As adamant as you may be about getting back to your strict workout routine, we suggest taking a few off days so that the Botox can fully settle into your body, giving you the absolute best results.
2. Avoid Touching The Treated Area: The skin and area surrounding the injections will more likely than not be sensitive and leave a slight feeling of discomfort. It’s highly important that you refrain from touching the area, as keeping the area clean of bacteria allows the injection sites to recover without any repercussions.
3. No Alcohol Consumption: When it comes to injections like Botox, we advise to avoid any alcohol for a few days before and after the procedure. This is to prevent any negative reactions or results, and to minimize bruising.
4. Sleep Facing Up: The recovery time varies anywhere from one to four hours, depending on how your body reacts. Many people resort to taking a short nap to get rid of any discomfort that they may be feeling. With sleep, comes the risk of accidentally laying on your face. It’s best to avoid sleeping altogether until the swelling goes down, but if you must, do it only on your back, with your face positioned up.
5. Steer Clear From Heat: After Botox, the area injected is typically a bit red, therefore the skin itself will be very sensitive, especially to sun or heat exposure. It’s important to avoid any excess sun exposure until the red surpasses.
Taking care of your body during the healing process is crucial. Luckily for you, we’re here to help every step of the way! For more information on Botox, give our office a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505!
Instilling a healthy and consistent oral hygiene routine does more than wonders on your smile, it keeps your mouth healthy and disease free. One of the best ways to avoid any damage to your teeth and mouth is to take small, preventative actions daily. As mundane and small as these gestures seem in the moment, they all lead to an overall healthier smile. Consistent oral hygiene will increase your chances of keeping all of your natural teeth with the least amount of decay, bacteria and plaque.
Good oral hygiene can have many different meanings, but we can all agree that the outcome is one in the same. Making sure you have the healthiest and cleanest mouth possible is just as important as looks. To ensure that your teeth remain healthy (and beautiful), it’s important to brush, floss and use mouthwash to remove any plaque and bacteria to prevent decay.
As easy as it can be to skip a few brushings, appointments, or fall out of the habit of flossing, it is doing more damage than you think. Make your daily oral hygiene habits being as important as that morning cup of coffee or washing your face. Take the time to clean and care for your teeth, they aren’t as easy to replace as you think.
Remember to keep the health of your mouth in mind throughout the day. There are many diseases and infections that can be avoided if you focus on keeping a consistent oral hygiene routine. This season, remember to maintain good oral hygiene habits that will result in a beautiful and healthy smile.
Contact us today Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 if you have any questions about how you can start creating your oral hygiene habits today!
Insecure about a missing tooth? Don’t be. With dental implants (link), you can get your smile back to looking perfect. For many, dental implants provide the feeling of having their natural teeth back again. This is because instead of being a removable type of device, such as a dental flipper, dental implants are permanently embedded into the jaw, which then allows a dental crown to take the place of the missing tooth. We understand that this procedure may seem intimidating, but we’re here to reassure you it’s not as bad as it sounds. Below are the top three common misconceptions when it comes to getting dental implants.
Myth #1: Dental Implants are painful
This is a common fear. Many people hold back from pursuing a dental implant, simply because they’re afraid the procedure might be too painful. However, this is not true. The procedure itself is pain-free. As always after surgery, there may be some temporary discomfort, but your doctor will work very closely with you to ensure your comfort and ease.
Myth #2: Dental Implants are expensive
Although dental implants aren’t cheap, they’re a much better investment than dental bridges, which need replacing every 7-15 years. Dental Implants cost may be high initially, but it’s a better financial decision in the long run.
Myth #3: Dental Implants cause headaches
It’s a fairly common myth that dental implants can cause migraines or headaches. However, we’re here to let you know that this is not true. There is absolutely no scientific evidence to support this. After the dental implant has successfully bonded with the jaw/gums, you should experience zero pain.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding dental implants, give our office a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 so we can discuss the next steps.
Everyone wants to have a whiter smile, but making the decision to pursue whitening treatment can be tough. Myths and stereotypes can lead to negative connotations, inhibiting you from moving forward with treatment. Below are three misconceptions about teeth whitening:
Teeth whitening treatments at my doctor’s office are no more effective than those purchased at drugstores.
On the contrary, the maximum strength bleach that our dentists provide delivers the best and fastest teeth whitening results. Another factor that makes dentist-provided whitening kits most effective is the fact that the trays are customized to fit each individual patient perfectly which keeps the gel in closer, more precise contact with your teeth. Don’t waste your time at the drugstore when you can get a brighter, whiter smile from us in record time!
Tooth whitening harms enamel.
Despite this negative misconception, teeth whitening does not actually harm the enamel of a tooth. Bleaching works by opening the pores of a tooth. This allows for the peroxide to enter the inner structure of the tooth and remove stains. The pores will close again over time, leaving the enamel unharmed.
You can never drink coffee or wine again after whitening.
While patients are told to stay away from heavy staining and acidic foods, such as red wine and coffee, it’s not forever! Dentists recommend this just for the first few days after treatment because the pores in your teeth remain open and the chemical reaction takes place over the course of a few days.
Whitening treatments can be intimidating, especially if you are not properly informed. It’s important to know the facts when making decisions about your teeth. If you have any questions about teeth whitening, contact our office today at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 or use our online Appointment Request form.
When it comes to your teeth, practicing good oral hygiene should be at the top of your list. We only have one set of fully grown adult teeth that we use in every aspect of our lives. When we see family, friends and even strangers, one-third of the time our teeth are the first thing they notice. Having a well taken care of smile can make the difference in your social life. Aside from your teeth’s appearance, between meals and snacking, our teeth are constantly working for us. So, what are you doing to improve your teeth? Good oral health can prevent several undesirable dental traits and problems.
Making sure to brush your teeth for at least two minutes, scrape your tongue, floss daily and gargle with mouthwash twice daily can prevent bad breath caused from plaque and food build-up. Gum disease can be prevented by regularly flossing around the gums and teeth to loosen build-up and plaque that irritate the gums and cause cavities. Don’t let neglecting to maintain these oral health habits keep you from becoming a social butterfly.
Cavities are a pain. The toothache that comes from biting into a sugary treat can be enough to jumpstart your new oral health habits. In caring for your teeth, you can dramatically reduce the number of cavities that develop from the acid and bacteria left from foods, especially sweet ones.
Keeping your oral health in check may also inhibit costly dental procedures from accumulating. A cavity that is left untreated can quickly turn into a tooth in dire need of a root canal, and developing gum disease may require gum laser therapy or tooth extraction. Most certainly, teeth that are well taken care of will have less plaque build-up that causes bad breath, cavities and gum disease, and better oral health could potentially prevent overwhelming dental expenses in the future.
Want to know more about what good oral health can do for you? Give us a call to find out, and schedule your checkup today! Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Flashback to when you were a child on a hot summer day, when all of the sudden you hear that magical jingle that captivated all of our hearts; the ice cream truck! In the year 1984, President Ronald Reagan decided that from then on out, the Month of July would be recognized as National Ice Cream Month! Because really, what’s better than a big, cold, scoop of ice cream on a hot summer day? That was a trick question—there is nothing better. Whether it’s vanilla, chocolate, mint chip, or pistachio, there’s a flavor for everyone. Ice cream has that ability to brighten anybody’s day and for that, we’re eternally grateful. With that being said, let’s celebrate this month by highlighting some of the most fun facts about ICE CREAM!
#1: The best way to eat ice cream? In a waffle cone of course! However, it wasn’t until 1904 when an American ice cream vendor at World’s Fair in Missouri ran out of cups due to the high demand of guests, so he quickly rushed on over to a local waffle vendor and asked him to roll up his waffles so that they could hold the ice cream. The rest is history!
#2: Do us a favor really quick. Open your Freezer. Is there at least one form of ice cream in there? There should be! In fact, approximately 98% of all U.S families have ice cream in their homes at ALL TIMES! So, if your freezer is lacking, run to your local grocery store and pick up a pint so you’re not the odd one out!
#3: Brain freezes…. Ice cream’s arch nemesis. A brain freezes is a short-lasting sensation, normally lasting for about ten seconds, that often occurs when you eat or drink cold items in a short amount of time. The most tried and true way to get rid of a brain freeze? Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth and wait it out!
#4: Did you know one that one of the biggest ingredients in ice cream is AIR? That’s right, air. Air is added cream to make the consistency lighter, while also improving the texture. It’s often said that the amount of air added to the batch will determine the overall quality (the more air, the cheaper the quality).
#5: Throwback to the year 1665, when the first documented ice cream recipe was handwritten in a recipe book. The ingredients? Orange flower water, mace, and ambergris, also known as whale barf. Let’s just say we sure are grateful for how far the flavors have evolved….
This month, we want you to enjoy all that ice cream has to offer. We challenge you to try a new flavor that may be out of your comfort zone; who knows…maybe it’ll be your new favorite. Give us a call at Lake Pointe Dental Care Office in Somerset KY Phone Number (606) 677-0505 if you have any questions or concerns regarding your oral health!
You need a dental implant, but you are reluctant to get started. We understand that there is some hesitation and life gets in the way. However, here are a list of reasons as to why you shouldn’t wait.
- Stop your remaining teeth from moving. Your teeth help keep everything in place. When you are missing a tooth, and have a gap, your teeth will start to shift to fill in that gap. That could cause not only uneven teeth, but teeth that are harder to clean and, in the end, that cost you more to fix.
- Save Your Jawbone. When you are missing a tooth, your jawbone slowing starts to deteriorate and shrink away. The roots of your teeth keep the jawbone stimulated to maintain the bone mass. The longer you are missing the tooth, the more the bone will disintegrate, making the implant process more difficult.
- The appearance of your face. Living without a tooth can eventually change how you look, especially if you suffer from bone deterioration. The longer you go, your skin could begin to make your cheeks sag, which will make you look older than you are.
- The way you speak. When you are missing a tooth, it could make it hard to annunciate words, making you sound like you have a lisp.
- Your overall self-esteem. Getting a dental implant will allow you to feel like your normal self. You won’t have to worry about how you look or how you sound. The implant looks and feels like a normal tooth. No one will know that you have an implant unless you tell them.
These are just a few reasons as to why you should wait to get your dental implant. If you are experiencing any hesitations or have further questions, contact our office. We are happy to ease your mind and get you on track to a beautiful smile.(606) 677-0505